Monday, October 19, 2009

Liverpool kicks out the 12th Man.

Liverpool were devasted by the less-than-intelligent actions of their 12th man on Saturday's Premiership game resulting in a 1-0 loss against Sunderland. Said manager Rafael Benitez, "It was foolish of us to even think that red round bastard could even try and help us against Sunderland. I wonder why we even got him in the first place. I am seriously considering deflating him and suspending him for the rest of the season."

 ------------------Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez----------------

Meanwhile, Sunderland A.F.C's Steve Bruce was pleasantly surprised due to the quick thinking opportunity taken by striker Darren Bent. "I'm glad he took advantage of it. Even with an obvious deflection, he seized his chance and scored the winning goal for us. My heart goes out to Rafa and the rest of Anfield. I hear they wanted the disallowed, but I ask, how can you disallow a goal like that? It was such a beautiful finish. Though, I'm quite sure this would not have happened had Torres and Gerrard been playing," he added, with a sly wink. When asked if he'd consider buying the wayward 12th Liverpool player, he said, "We'll keep our options open."

Liverpool are now eighth on the league table.

No comments:

Post a Comment