Friday, October 23, 2009

A Man's Best Friend


it's 3 years today since i lost my boy. i can truly say there hasn't been a day that i've not thought about the days we had together. i've never known real love and friendship in an animal till i met my dog. he was the most faithful companion you could ever ask for. i could have the most nastiest days of my life and yet come home and find they all disappear when i look him in his eyes. i miss the times he'd snuggle up next to me on my pillow, under my blanket, or the times he'd drift off to sleep when i played "Here Without You" on the piano. i miss the times he used to beg me to take him for walks or play with his rubber ball, which could get annoying at times. i miss the times he'd bark at the vacuum cleaner. i miss the times he used to growl at the neighborhood cats, then run away from them. coward. i miss all the days he used to jump right into my arms when i came back from school and camp. i miss the times he used to hide when it was time for his baths..

Collie, i still remember the day you left me so suddenly. i'm sorry i couldn't do anything to save you. i just take comfort in the fact that i kept you company the whole of your last night in this world. im sorry for just watching you fade away on the cold metal table, so helplessly. i wish i could have died right there with you. but you were so smart, Collie. you waited for everyone to come by your side before you left. i hope to god you're in a better place. with someone you can play fetch with everyday. somewhere with endless green fields you can run across. i just hope you're happy where you are. you made every single day of the ten years with you worth something.

i love you, boy.
and i still miss you terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment